Cast Iron and High Performance Aluminium Alloys
The project aims to develop and make available innovative materials (austempered spheroidal cast iron, high-silicon spheroidal cast iron, foundry and plastic deformation aluminium alloys). The materials will be fully characterized (also in terms of post-production technological treatments), in order to facilitate their inclusion in Italian and international industry regulations. Process-microstructure-property maps will also be produced to enable innovative and multi-scale design of high-performance components.
Amount of financing € 1,471,548.86.
Thesis on the project's topics:
- Study of the reduction in thickness of aluminium alloy die-cast components
- Study and optimization of the slip coefficient of almond aluminium sheets
- Optical microscopy applied to the field of Industrial Contamination: experimental analysis for the verification of repeatability and reproducibility of measurements
- Correlation between process simulation and experimental data in the production of ductile iron
- Microstructural Characterization and Mechanics of High Silicon Cast Iron and comparison with Numerical Simulation